[Zope-dev] KGS buildbot news

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Aug 8 17:57:48 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 07:26:08PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> Latest test results

Now updated after

  * nuking buildbot slave directories that had some contamination from
    previous contacts with system python
  * disabling z3c.rml tests because of missing PIL and Reportlab eggs in
    PyPI
  * upgrading zope.security and zope.proxy in the KGS to fix issues with
    Python2.5 on 64-bit machines

Many of the errors have gone away.  I'm quoting only the remaining ones

>   * Python 2.4, 32-bit Linux:
>
>     - zope.server tests fail horribly with invalid file descriptor
>       errors.  I cannot reproduce this error in isolation (bin/test -m
>       zope.server), but I can reproduce it when I run all the tests
>       together.  Some previous test is mucking stuff up.
>
>   * Pytohn 2.4, 64-bit Linux:
>
>     - same as Python 2.4 on 32-bit Linux
>
>   * Python 2.5, 32-bit Linux:
>
>     - same as Python 2.4 on 32-bit Linux, plus
>     - z3c.form expects a certain behaviour from Exception.__repr__,
>       which changed in Python 2.5
>
>   * Python 2.5, 64-bit Linux

      - same as Python 2.5 on 32-bit Linux, plus
      - zc.zope3recipes gets unexpected test output about upgrading
        zc.buildout to version 1.1.1

The nondeterministic zdaemon test did not fail during *this* buildbot run.
A reminder about what it is:

>     - one or two zdaemon tests fail nondeterministically (the "daemon"
>       process, usually sleep 10 or sleep 100, exits before the test can
>       invoke "zdaemon stop"  I can reproduce it (nondeterministically)
>       on various machines.  I do not understand how "sleep 100" can
>       terminate in under 18 seconds that it takes for the tests to fail.

The reproduction is simply running bin/test -m zdaemon --repeat 10.
Some of the iterations see one error, some see two, some are error-free.
Having a busy machine helps.  Hm, better change that "helps" to "is
essential", since now I cannot reproduce the bug any more.

Marius Gedminas
--
Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot.