[ZWeb] Getting it done redux

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:45:55 +0000

* Paul Everitt <paul@zope.com> [011203 12:51]:
> seb bacon wrote:
>
> >I'm happy with this in principle, and having a 'client' is important;
> >however, I'm not sure that ZC *has* to retain the right of last vote?

> Also, let's face it -- we're shelling out a bit of dough each month to
> run the thing.  It's a bit of money.
>
> If this group turns into a success, then let's talk about handing over
> the veto.  Right now, though, I think it's too much pressure to put on
> the group as it's trying to form.  One step at a time.

This sounds reasonable.  As long as everyone is clear on the
consensus, I'm happy.

> Yep.  Let's pick some achievable goals and try and makes some progress.

I think your suggestion of 'improve the fishbowl' is actually too
ambitious.  I vote for the first goal as being 'define our
requirements and produce accompanying artefacts for community
feedback'.

Getting consensus on that is a big enough task in itself :-)

Then we could select a second goal based on the priorities, risks, etc
that we discover in the process.

seb