[ZWeb] zope.org How-To API: can I get contents?

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:36:47 -0400

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 01:28:37PM -0300, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Quarta 14 Agosto 2002 12:18, Joel Burton wrote:
> | I'd like to post some How-Tos I have a zope.org to my own web site.
> | Rather than duplicating them, I wanted to get the unrendered STX
> | content.
> |
> | Looking through the source of the HOWTO pages, it looks like the content
> | of the page is stored in content (that what the form variable is called,
> | at least). However, I can't guess an API to get this: document_src,
> | get_content, getContent, etc. all fail.
> |
> | It doesn't look like the HowTo class is in the CVS anywhere (is it a
> | ZClass, then? or are the zope.org products just not in CVS?)
> |
> | Is there a way to get this, short of screen-scraping? Thanks!
>
> Well, there are a few objects on Zope.org that are using ZClasses right now,
> however i dont know exaclty which. We are working to migrate all the content
> on zope.org to new servers/new zope/new cmf/new layout on the next months, so
> keep watching for changes :)

Sidnei --

Thanks! I know that progress on NZO is continuing -- the mockups look
great. I was hoping that someone who was familiar with old.zope.org
might know the way around this.

Thanks,

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant