[ZWeb] Re: website design discussion

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Sep 4 05:01:16 EDT 2006

Hey Tom,

Thinking about this item some more, I thought I'd talk a bit about what
we're trying to accomplish.

Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:
>           o The simple nature of the site means a thinner page is more
> appropriate. Most of the content will be text that is easier to read the
> less wide the page is. This is not some multi column news site that has
> multiple content boxes.

My intent with this layout round was not to create a layout for just the
Zope Foundation site, but for it to work for the Zope site as a whole
(eventually; we'll take this step by step, where the ZF site is the
first step). Some room for content boxes would therefore be nice, though
I expect it wouldn't be used on every page.

I don't know whether that will change anything in your thinking about
the layout, I just wanted to be clear that we're not just working on the
Zope Foundation site here - that's just the first stage.

An alternative would be to have separate designs for Foundation and the
rest of the site. Anyone have opinions on whether this is a good or bad
idea?

Regards,

Martijn