[Zope] SQL queries?

Phil Harris phil@wigwamweb.net
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:06:11 +0100

Yeah should be simple, at least it is with mysql.

When you create your database connection in Zope, fill in the properties of
the creation form putting the remote server in as part of the connection
string.

For example

I have a DB connection that looks to my db server so the connection string
will look like (mysql):

timetable@d031.ml.uwcm.ac.uk user password

This means connect to the d031.ml.uwcm.ac.uk machine using the timetable db
username is user and password is password.

I hope that makes some sense.

HTH

Phil
phil@wigwamweb.net

-----Original Message-----
From: mindlace@turtle.esosoft.net [mailto:mindlace@turtle.esosoft.net]On
Behalf Of Ethan Fremen
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 9:52 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] SQL queries?

Zopistas,

I'm kinda stressing on this one...

Is there any way I can do SQL queries to a remote machine without having
to have a DA and Zope instantiated on that machine?

I just need to run queries, nothing more than that.

(the machine is HP-UX and the database is Oracle 8.0.5.1)

Thanks tremendously,
--
Ethan "mindlace" Fremen
you cannot abdicate responsibility