[Zope] Object ID and Property confusion

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff@goingv.com
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:09:07 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, David Salgado wrote:

> Hi All

[snip]

> Now, each of the 'myObj' instances has a property 'myProp', which I'm
> interested in. So I can do this;
>
> <dtml-in "objectValues('myObj')">
>   <dtml-var myProp><br>
> </dtml-in>
>
> ...to display a list of all the 'myProp' values of the 'myObj' objects.
>
> What I want to do is display a table where column one contains the id of the
> object, and column two contains the 'myProp' value. From a brief look at the
> source of "lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py" it looks as if the
> 'objectItems()' method might do something like what I want, but I haven't
> been able to get it to do what I want.

How about this:

  <dtml-in "objectValues('myObj')">
    <dtml-var sequence-var-id> -- <dtml-var sequence-var-myProp><br>
  </dtml-in>

This is in the DTML reference, by the way.

> Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Hope this helps.

>            David

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/