[Zope] Odp: [Zope] strategies for starting zope on redhat

Adam Karpierz karpierz@itl.pl
Sun, 14 May 2000 22:59:02 +0200

>Hello
>
>A friend reports he cannot start zope automatically at boot on his new
Linux
>RedHat installation, but that it works fine when he does it manually from
>shell prompt.
>
>Q1. Does anyone have any similar experience or advice about self-starting
>zope?
>
>Q2. Does anyone have a nice approach to make sure Zope re-starts if it
>shutdown remotely for whatever reason?
>
>I am sorry I do not have more precise details of his problem..
>
>tia
>- Jason

Maybe following way will be helpful for you and others ?.

You need place .zope_autostart script (attached below) in your home
directory
(don't forget make this as exetutable :).
Also in your crontab file you need place a line (through command:
crontab -e)
like this:

0,minutes_between_checks * * * * /home/your_home/.zope_autostart  zope_dir
notify_email

eg:
0,30 * * * * /home/jasonic/.zope_autostart  /home/jasonic/Zope
jasonic@nomadicsltd.com

For me, works well.

PS: I'am not good familiar with Linux (ang English lang too...) and you must
ask
       anyone else if you would have troubles with access to crontab,
       advanced Linux configurations etc...

Regards

Adam Karpierz
karpierz@itl.pl

Filename .zope_autostart
======beg code========
#! /bin/sh

ZOPEDIR="$1"
INFOMAIL="$2"

STARTFILE="$ZOPEDIR/start"
STOPFILE="$ZOPEDIR/stop"
PIDFILE="$ZOPEDIR/var/Z2.pid"
PID1ACTIVE=0
PID2ACTIVE=0
if [ -x $STARTFILE ]; then
  if [ -r $PIDFILE ]; then
    PID1=`cut -d" " -f1 $PIDFILE`
    PID2=`cut -d" " -f2 $PIDFILE`
    if
    ps -p $PID1 >/dev/null 2>&1
    then
      PID1ACTIVE=1
    fi
    if
    ps -p $PID2 >/dev/null 2>&1
    then
      PID2ACTIVE=1
    fi
  fi
  if [ $PID1ACTIVE -eq 0 -o $PID2ACTIVE -eq 0 ]; then
    $STOPFILE >/dev/null 2>&1
    sleep 10
    $STARTFILE
    date | mail -s"Zope restarted" $INFOMAIL >/dev/null 2>&1
  fi
fi
=======end code======