[Zope] writing dtml on zope.org

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:58:36 -0400

--On Monday, April 30, 2001 21:56:47 +0200 Max M <maxmcorp@worldonline.dk>
wrote:
>> From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of ethan
>> mindlace fremen
>
>> I'm trying to get a feel for how important it is for you to be able to
>> write DTML on zope.org.
>
> Well I kind of like that my products, how-to's etc. are on Zope.org in my
> member area, and that I can write my own pages presenting them. It would
> be a bad idea to remove the possibility to write those pages in dtml.

The issue is that right now anybody is a yahoo account away from being able
to write arbitrary DTML on zope.org, and that this has brought zope.org to
it's knees in the past.

What if there was a standard page for presenting your contributions, that
your contributions could have html in them, and if you were interested in
providing different ways to view member folders, you could get permission
and create a skin that then anyone could select?

Esp. if that skin could cover more than just member folders, but the entire
site?

--
ethan mindlace fremen
zopatista community liason