[Zope] Flat HTML Files

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Wed, 23 May 2001 12:13:29 +0200

Hi BZ,

--On Montag, 21. Mai 2001 22:27 -0400 BZ <bz@bwanazulia.com> wrote:

> Hey Jake,
>
> Two ways to attack this...
>
> 1) use load_site.py to load all your old static html into Zope (which
> it will eat up and spit out very nicely) and just develop alongside
> of it in versions
>
> or
>
> 2) Just FTP it all in.

I understand he wants to other way round :) Not getting
the files in but getting the files out of zope ;)

Hi Jake,

sure, you can easy check out the static files every time
you make changes. This seems logical at first bu has
some drawbacks: you have to check out every file. You cant
easyly implement functionality with user interaction if
you want this some time. And last not least during
your updating, the site is inconsistent (imagine writing a
html file which is accessed the same time by a user)

The way I recommend is setting up a proxy (for high performance
use squid) and give your objects cache times. See the new cache
objetcs in zope - this way you can automatically refresh your
objects into the downstream proxy.

This gives you both flexibility and performance. (squid can
also cache according to accept-data (language, variants, ...)

Regards
Tino Wildenhain