[Zope] Zope won't start

Leonard Sitongia sitongia@qwest.net
Sun, 27 May 2001 21:16:25 -0600

On Sunday 27 May 2001 20:48, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Hi Leonard,
>
> if you create an 'access' file with zpasswd, that file's contents select
> the "superuser" account, which is different than the emergency user
> account, although you can create users with it.

Thanks for your reply, Chris.  I created it with "access", but it didn't
work.

I should describe the environment: FreeBSD 4.2 with Python 1.5.2
and Zope 2.2.2, with Zope started at boot (with the file table full
message) from the ports installed boot script that nulls out the
ports and points to the CGI, which I then hit with a browser at my
Apache install (so I gather that this default FreeBSD approach
uses Zope under Apache):

nohup /usr/local/www/Zope/start -w '' -f '' -m '' -p
/usr/local/www/cgi-bin.default/Zope.cgi >>
/usr/local/www/Zope/var/zope-output &

==Leonard