[Zope] Adding Python modules to binary Zope installation

George Nguyen gnguyen@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:32:10 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone any experience with compiling Python
modules for a binary Zope installation?

I'm trying to do this for Zope 2.4.1 running on a Sun
Solaris 2.7 server.

Trying the MySQL-python module, I get an error like
this:
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but
non-writable sections
when trying to run "../../bin/python setup.py build"
(the ../../bin is so I am referencing the version of
python used by the binary installation). Before I got
this far, I had to download the python 2.1.1 source
distribution and reference the include files by
changing the setup.py from MySQL-python.

Trying the python-ldap module, I get an error like
this:
pyport.h:422: #error "LONG_BIT definition appears
wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc config?)."

Does anyone have a clear-cut method or set of things
to check to make sure compiling Python modules for
binary Zope installations works?

Thanks in advance,
George