[Zope] Retrieving type info from Request.Form items

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:03:37 +0400

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 07:45:24AM -0400, Douwe Osinga wrote:
> I like it that in Zope you can specify the type of a field in an html
> form by adding ':type' to it. This whole thing happens hower rather
> transparent to the user. Request.form contains only the name and value
> and not the type specified. Can anybody tell me how to retrieve the type?

   After converting objects are already of the specified type. If you ask
for :int - you will get integer (not a string). No need to preserve type
information.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd@phd.pp.ru