[ZOPE] newbie question: getting title_or_id from calling document

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:25:28 -0400

>I then created another header
> (public_header) and test (testing) DTML methods, and get the same
> results when I try to display the title/ID of the calling document in
> the public_header DTML method.

If you want the title of the folder, then your calling-Document needs to be
a method.  If there is no reason that your DTML-Doc has to be a doc, this is
your solution.
DTML-docs are folderish and have their own properties that will be inherited
by a method in the namepsace, overriding the folder properties.
This is why I have been told dont use DTML-Docs.

I am sure there is some DTML-magic workaround for your public_header that
only calls the title of the objecttype('Folder').  But sometimes Zope
work-arounds are a replacement for mis-used object types and architecture.

-Trevor