[Zope] Properties in a ZClass

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.de
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:40:22 +0200

Casey Duncan wrote:

> Right. This technique should give you a standard property sheet managment
> interface just like standard Zope objects have. So long as a user has the
> "Manage properties" permission, they should be able to manipulate the
> properties for each instance.

Nice thing, I (almost) got it to work! I forgot to inherit from ODS:Folder, I
only inherited from ZObjectManager, that's why I didn't see the add button in
the property screen. But now I've got the next problem: I want users only to add
a special second ZClass within my described ZClass. But, by inheriting from
ODS:Folder, users can add anything they wish! The subobjects tab doesn't have
any effect. No "kind of things" is selected, but because of ODS:Folder, still
everything is in the add list. I tried to play a little with permissions, but
didn't find a solution.
Again, can somebody help?

Thanks to you all!
--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.de

T-Systems, debis Systemhaus GEI GmbH, Geschaeftsstelle Sachsen