[Zope] Threading, dtml and performance?!

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:13:34 +0200

Okay... So I removed reference to the bobbobase and the id. Instead I
just output text, but otherwise it runs well.

I've never counted my objects till now, but it's a nice test to really
stress the server when you find out you have 1000+ objects being pulled
from the root.

Results:
The testpage took about 3.5 minutes to load. It by itself takes all of
the first processor relentlessly, leaving the second open.

When a second request comes in, the second processor kicks in and it
becomes more even 60%-30% across 1st and 2nd processor.

The second page request takes about 8 seconds rather than a normal call
of 8/10th sec.

I'm not sure if I can be more explicit with other usefull information.

One thing to mention though, I'm on Zope 233 with py152, since it seems
snappier than py2. Was this test supposed to be for py2 and Z242? If so,
I'll do a quick switcherooni and test again.

L8r,
Paul Zwarts