[Zope] Zope and MS Media Server Integration (Video)

Behrens Matt - Grand Rapids Matt.Behrens@Kohler.Com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:11:54 -0400

Harlow Pinson wrote:

> Does anyone know how to call video on the Microsoft streaming
> media server from a Zope DTML document.
>
> I.E. in a document named video.dtml:

> works just fine when viewed on the local Zope server machine, but
> when called from another machine returns this:
>
> http://<domain_name>/video_test/video.dtml/mms://welcome.asf

This is a browser issue.  The browser you are using does not recognize "mms:" as a valid protocol, and thinks it is part of a relative URL.

IIRC, there is some way you can construct a playlist file (.asx, maybe?
  my mind is fuzzy on this, it's been a long time) that can contain the
mms://... URI.  The playlist file is fed via file type associations to
Media Player regardless of the browser.

--
Matt Behrens <matt.behrens@kohler.com>
System Analyst, Baker Furniture