[Zope] Re: (Solaris) Threading, dtml and performance?!

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:54:20 +0000

On 29/10/01 12:48 am, "Anthony Baxter" <anthony@interlink.com.au> wrote:

> I plan to get to this this week - I'm also hoping to look into rolling
> the Solaris threading fixes into the 2.1.2-tobe CVS branch.
>
> Anthony

That's great news Anthony!

Just out of interest, I looked at the logs at
<http://ns1.zope.org:82/usage_200110.html>
To get an idea of Solaris downloads.

Not surprisingly, WinX86 came out on top at almost 14,000 downloads.
The source distribution was about 2,000 downloads. The solaris binary wasn't
mentioned, but I'd guess most Solaris bods would be doing the source
download anyhow.

Note: I deliberately *didn't* ask who was using Solaris under Zope - that
way lies madness, huge numbers of 'me too' posts and platform flame-wars ;)

Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140