[Zope] Re: Threading, dtml and performance?!

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:35:15 +0100

Tony McDonald writes:
 > For completeness, I tried the above as a python script on Solaris 8/Zope
 > 2.4.1/python 2.1 - I could set the script off, but then couldn't do anything
 > else on the server until the script had finished. But I think those requests
 > had got through to Zope, as when the sleep thread had finished, Zope carried
 > on with my other request. :(
Strange...

It would indicate a serious bug either Python or the Solaris thread
library.

Maybe, we should inform the Python experts and see whether they
can shed some light into this...

Unfortunately, the newsserver of my ISP is currently broken,
such that I am unable to discuss this in c.l.p...

Dieter