[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Pound - reverse proxy and load balancer - v0.2
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:56:46 +0200
This is to announce the release of Pound v0.3.
Changes from previous version:
- added HTTP/1.1 handling, resulting in significant speed-ups.
- added HTTP/1.1 to HTTP/1.0 proxying: if the client is 1.1 compliant, Pound
will accept multiple requests per connection, while dealing with the need to
re-open connections to a back-end HTTP/1.0 server.
- fixed a few minor bugs.
Many thanks to Ken Lalonde firstname.lastname@example.org for his very helpful suggestions.
What is Pound (from the Web page)
- a reverse-proxy: it passes requests from client browsers to one or more
- a load balancer: it will distribute the requests from the client browsers
among several back-end servers, while keeping session information.
- an SSL wrapper: Pound will decrypt HTTPS requests from client browsers and
pass them as plain HTTP to the back-end browsers.
- an HTTP/HTTPS sanitizer: Pound will verify requests for correctness and
accept only well-formed ones.
- an HTTP/1.1 to 1.0 proxy.
For further information, download, etc. please see http://www.apsis.ch/pound
The software is at version 0.3. Further testing (especially under heavy
loads), improvements and suggestions are welcome.
Pound is distributed under the GPL.
Enjoy and let me know how it works for you.
Postfach, Uetikon am See, CH-8707
Tel: +41-1-920 4904