[Zope] ZSQL questions

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 13 May 2002 13:18:48 -0400

[McDonnell, Larry]

> First I want to thank the people who helped me get this populating form
> thing working (Colin Fox, Tom Passin, and Jon Erickson).

You're welcome :-)

>I have a couple
> questions on how ZSQL methods and their behavior. From a form I created, I
> input the data and hit the submit button. Under superuser the data is
added
> to the db but if I am not superuser, the ZSQL method the you would see in
> test mode appears where you would need to file in the data again. Why does
> it work under superuser and no where else? Is it a permission thing?

I don't know, but can you try it with one or more other browsers, just to
make sure it's not related to a browser bug with authentication?

> Also on the same subject, how do I suppress the message telling me "no
data
> matched" while it is adding a new record to the db? Thanks.

I've never seen that.  However, you should not get messages back if you
invoke the zsql method using dtml-call rather than dtml-var.

Cheers,

Tom P