[Zope] redirects & POST

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
04 Apr 2003 16:33:57 -0800

If I understand correctly, you want a form that updates information and
returns itself with updated data & allow multiple updates using POST.

Don't bother with redirection... just have the form call itself.  Put a
hidden input in the form with a name like "updated" and check for its
existence.  If it's in the request, use dtml-call to process any changes
that have been submitted.

Call that processing method at the very top of the form and everything
else should fall into place... your fields should find themselves
populated with fresh data without any extra effort.

HTH,

Dylan