[Zope] zope2.7b1 does not start on winXP

Chris McDonough chrism at zope.com
Fri Aug 22 02:18:34 EDT 2003

I'm afraid I can't replicate this.  Something on your system is borked,
I think.  I suspected that Python itself looked for its library in the
registry on Windows, but this doesn't appear to be the case.  Is it
feasible to uninstall Python 2.1 and try it again?

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 16:52, Chris McDonough wrote:
> This sounds strange.  I will try to install Python 2.1 on my system
> alongside of Zope and see if I can replicate it.
>
> On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 11:42, Elena Schulz wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > > Somehow your installation is borked since Zope 2.7 requires Python 2.2.3
> > > and you
> > > are using 2.1.... or so.
> >
> > yes, it looks like that but my question is, how comes since my runzope.bat
> > (my Zope-starter) is configured to use the default zope 2.7 python?
> > Is there any use of the registry for the decision which dll's to use?
> >
> > -- Elena
> >
> > It looks like this:
> >
> > @set PYTHON=L:\Zope\Zope27\Zope-2.7.0-b1\bin\python.exe
> > @set ZOPE_HOME=L:\Zope\Zope27\Zope-2.7.0-b1
> > @set INSTANCE_HOME=L:\Zope\Zope27\ZopeInstanceFiles
> > @set CONFIG_FILE=%INSTANCE_HOME%\etc\zope.conf
> > @set PYTHONPATH=%ZOPE_HOME%\lib\python
> > @set ZOPE_RUN=%ZOPE_HOME%\lib\python\Zope\Startup\run.py
> > "%PYTHON%" "%ZOPE_RUN%" -C "%CONFIG_FILE%" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

Chris McDonough <chrism at zope.com>
Zope Corporation