[Zope] Re: Newbie: Creating PDF Documents on the fly in Zope

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:35:57 -0500

[Ashley Lloyd wrote (ashleylloyd@hotmail.com) on 2/6/03 1:57 PM]

> I've tried that one before. It seemed to work fine until I actually tried to
> view the PDF (ie add the /html2pdf extension). The page that appears is
> blank (at least on my machine .. no source code at all - but no "Page Not
> Found" error either). I looked at the manual, and only the version that you
> pay for seems to have the functionality that we need. Since we want to try
> it out before even thinking about paying for a product, that one isn't
> really an option. Besides, from what I've been told it doesn't allow for
> page breaks, etc in the way that we'd like.

Actually it has worked fine for me on Linux and FreeBSD using the free
version of HTMLDOC.

also look at reportlab which includes an example external method for this
written by one of the regular posters on this list.

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net