[Zope] Zope startup errors

Samir Mishra SamirMishra at cbuae.gov.ae
Sat Mar 20 01:36:11 EST 2004

> I actually like OS/2, and unlike Linux it has had threading built into it
> from day one and it works pretty well. Personally I would not be surprised

> if Zope running on OS/2 outperformed Zope running on Linux using the same
> hardware.

That may not be true if glibc has been built with NPTL and you are using
Linux 2.6 kernel and Python that you've compiled yourself. I'm getting very
good performance on this combo.

On the other hand, if it's working for you, best to leave it alone.

If anyone knows of any software to benchmark thread performance, do let me
know.