[Zope] AccessControl.Role.RoleManager &

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri May 14 15:24:57 EDT 2004

nwingfield at dixon-hughes.com wrote at 2004-5-14 11:49 -0400:
>I believe this is because Zope's base Record class has put the kabosh on
>setting any of its attributes.

Right!

> So at this point I am wondering if I have
>attempted the impossible.

You will not be able to set attributes other than for
fields defined by your SQL result. Those, you can change.

You can easily add artificial fields to your SQL...

Another work around may be to use acquition, i.e. use
the SQL result as (acquisition) parent for your object.
You can than define as many attributes as you like in
your object.
By acquisition magic, lookups are forwarded to your
SQL result when your object cannot satisfy them.

--
Dieter