[Zope] Context - how can I be here when I'm there

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 11 14:45:19 EDT 2005

Chris Matheson wrote at 2005-8-11 11:42 -0400:
>First post.  I've read (past tense) tfm, but still don't know quite how to do this.

Please, be very precise when you ask questions.

>I've tried context.PUBLISHED

I doubt that you did that -- as it should be "context.REQUEST.PUBLISHED".

, but that is not quite what I want, as it gives more of a url style

What does "gives more of a url style" mean?

>I'm tring to get something that I can compare to an objectValues() list.

Another vague description:

  What should "compare to an objectValues() list" mean?

  Comparison operators are usually "=", "!=", "<", "<=", ">=", ">".
  I doubt you mean one of them...

>I had two ideas already, one was to call back to zpt and then do a comparison to /here, the other was to pass /here from my zpt page to the Python script.  I think either of those might work, but would like to know if there is a way to access the "/here" from Python?

The most natural way would be to pass it into your Python Script.

In special cases (when you are interested in the objects visited
during URL traversal), then the following request variables may
help:

	PUBLISHED	the (final) object located via URL traversal

	PARENTS		a list of objects visited during URL traversal
	                in reverse order and without the final
			object (which is in "PUBLISHED").

			This means "PARENTS[0]" is the second
			to last object visited during URL traversal,
			"PARENTS[-1]" is the root object.

--
Dieter