[Zope] Zope scalabilty and problems

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:10:40 EDT 2005

On 8/31/05, Kennamore, Matthew G [NTK] <Matthew.G.Kennamore at sprint.com> wrote:
> The Technologies we are using are Zope, Zeo, plone and so forth.  Why are we
> having these large issues?  I see sites with hundreds of thousands of users
> and they don't seem to have these issues?  We plan to recode our site to get
> away from the Data.fs as soon as we can but that is a ways off yet.  What am
> I doing wrong can anyone help?

Always hard to tell, but maybe you do many writes to the ZODB? As long
as you only read Zope can be very fast, but writes to the ZODB will
take a long time.

Also, Plone (and any CMF technology in fact) has a serious performance
hit in the skins system. There are some improvements possible there,
like giving visitors a special skin that includes fewer skin folders
and such. Check on a plone list for more help there.