[Zope] (microsoft) webdav and zope 2.8.4

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Mar 6 12:38:53 EST 2006

Chris Withers wrote at 2006-3-6 08:48 +0000:
>Really? I thought the contributor agreement had already been changed to
>remove the clauses you find offensive?

These are still proposals -- still not effective.

>I'd be very surprised and disappointed if you needed to be "invited" to
>contribute code!

If your read the foundation's policy you will find something like:

   Becoming a contributor is an honour....
   ... You need to be invited.
   ... Intially, the foundation assigns initial contributors who
   may invite additional ones.

That does not mean that you cannot contribute code -- e.g. as
patches attached to bug reports or feature requests (as I already
do). It simply means that you do not get write access to the
code repository.

--
Dieter