[Zope] Cache values may only be in one cache

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Mon Feb 19 08:01:51 EST 2007

Product refreshing is a brilliant timesaver for development if it
suits your development style. Some people prefer to restart Zope on
every change which is the only option for Zope 2.9 and Zope 2.8.

The error is somehow related to the use of the Session Manager I
think. If you instead use my Zope refreshing script
http://www.fry-it.com/at/refresh-my-zope-products
unlike automatic refreshing which comes out-of-the-box in Zope, the
refresh is done before you reload the page which means that you won't
no longer see this error message.

Note: My script work best with the Zope 2.7 and Zope 2.8 branch.

On 2/19/07, Jonas Nielsen <jonasn at mail.tele.dk> wrote:
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> "Cache values may only be in one cache"
>
> I'm getting this error every time I refresh my skin product. So I have
> to remember to restart zope every time I make a change.
>
> I'm running Plone 2.5.2 and Zope 2.9.6
>
> On this page:
>
> http://plone.org/documentation/error/one_cache
>
> Wichert Akkerman says:
>
> """Zope no longer supports product refreshing fully. For products using
> the component architecture it will probably never work. For others it
> can break as well.
>
> This is a Zope matter, not a Plone problem."""
>
> Is this really true? Wouldn't it be an idea to remove the functionality
> completely then?

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com
home www.peterbe.com