[Zope] Getting Zope code to output to event.log

Andrew Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Mon Aug 10 13:33:34 EDT 2009

+-------[ Ken Winter ]----------------------
| I do have write access to the Zope files I'm =editing, as I can see the
| updated timestamp change when I save them.

But Zope might not...

| However, I do notice that there are NO .pyc files in the directories that
| contain the files that I am editing.  I'm way out of my depth here: Does the
| lack of .pyc files mean that the .py files here are not the ones being
| compiled/executed?

It's odd that there are no .pyc files, at a minimum the install normally
byte-compiles them as part of the install.

Perhaps you are editing the unpacked source, instead of the installed
Zope code.

Check your zopectl or runzope script and see what ZOPE_HOME is set to.
The that *should* be the root of your installed zope.

--
Andrew Milton
akm at theinternet.com.au