[Zope3-dev] PythonProgrammerTutorial

sean.bowman@acm.org sean.bowman@acm.org
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:14:42 -0600 (CST)

hello,

this is very exciting stuff!  I have a few questions.

It seems some stuff that used to be done with acquisition is now sometimes
handled in an xml configuration file, for example, associating a (possibly
default) view with some object.  What does that together with the move
away from implicit acquisition mean for TTW development?  Can I still whip
up a presentation template TTW and view my content object with it (without
any nasty urls)?  Can I allow for the possibility of somebody overriding
my filesystem based product's "view" presentation template TTW?

I think ExplicitNamespaceControlInURLs on the wiki says something about
this, but I can't exactly figure out what :)  Also, I'd sorta like some
reassurance that we aren't going to have to use any ugly gross urls -- I
think a great strength of Zope is that it lets me name resources (via
urls) in a logical and consistent manner.

thanks a bunch
Sean