[Zope3-dev] More name game suggestions

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Sun, 09 Dec 2001 17:21:55 -0500

Amos Latteier wrote:

(snip)
> I don't really think that presentation components need to be renamed
> to view or UI components. All these names seem more or less equally
> evocative to me.

I agree that they are all equally evocative, however, I don't think they are
equally useful:

- I think it's important to use nouns, so we can just use the name without
  "component". The term "view" is a reasonable shorthand for "view component".
  The term "presentation" is a reasonable shorthand for "presentation component".
  The term "UI" does't work as a noun very well.

- I think a word is more useful than an acronym.