[Zope3-dev] PythonProgrammerTutorial: questions, comments, and feedback

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 09 Dec 2001 21:01:51 -0500

> However, unless my understanding is correct ... the DCWorkflow version
> 2 model would cause the document to be "retracted" (and cause it to be
> non-published) if the author edits the document after it has been
> published.  Depending on a site's policy, I think this behavior is
> correct ... however it places a lot burden if one wants to make some
> minor edits.

Depending on the relationship between editors and reviewers, both
models are useful -- even within one site.  Sometimes the reviewer's
function is to prevent "bad" content from being posted by arbitrary
contributors.  Sometimes the reviewer's function is to decide on where
and when an item is posted, and possibly to give the author feedback.
These may need different policies -- perhaps by having different
categories of authors.

> Given the current CMF model, it is rather painful to publish an single
> folder of documents or an entire folder tree at once -- each document
> is independent and has no relation to its parent folders.

Good point!