[Zope3-dev] PythonProgrammerTutorial: questions, comments, and feedback

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
10 Dec 2001 10:10:15 +0800

Hi

On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 10:01, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > However, unless my understanding is correct ... the DCWorkflow version
> > 2 model would cause the document to be "retracted" (and cause it to be
> > non-published) if the author edits the document after it has been
> > published.  Depending on a site's policy, I think this behavior is
> > correct ... however it places a lot burden if one wants to make some
> > minor edits.

We have been working with this very issue lately. With versioning I
would hope to see the following.

Document has been published at some point.
Document is edited - new version is created which is not currently
published.
Previous version is still the currently published document.
Edited version submitted for review
Edited version is approved, and is now the published version.

The whole document could also be retracted despite having published
version.

Wishfull thinking I know. But to be honest anything less than capability
means that the environment is considered a toy (which is the very
problem I have at the moment.)

Rgds

Tim