[Zope3-dev] PythonProgrammerTutorial: questions, comments, and feedback

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:34:57 +0100

Tim Hoffman wrote:
> On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 10:01, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > > However, unless my understanding is correct ... the DCWorkflow version
> > > 2 model would cause the document to be "retracted" (and cause it to be
> > > non-published) if the author edits the document after it has been
> > > published.  Depending on a site's policy, I think this behavior is
> > > correct ... however it places a lot burden if one wants to make some
> > > minor edits.
> >
> We have been working with this very issue lately. With versioning I
> would hope to see the following.
>
> Document has been published at some point.
> Document is edited - new version is created which is not currently
> published.
> Previous version is still the currently published document.
> Edited version submitted for review
> Edited version is approved, and is now the published version.

This is almost exactly the same as the one we thought up for a CMS
here -- I suspect it's a common case.

There are also some issues about what happens with the previous published
version -- perhaps archived?

Right now I'm just thinking about making a custom set of objects that
support this for particular content, but a general solution would of
course be better.

Regards,

Martijn