[Zope3-dev] Bringing the name game to a close, for now

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:12:37 -0500

Hmm.. I guess it depends on how you look at it. Functionality is only
"new" for a little while. Then it's "old". ;-) In any case, new or old,
it requires an interface, and if you're modifying, or expanding your
class to provide such an interface, it smells a lot like an adaptor. ;-)
I guess in the "purest" sense, and adaptor adapts existing functionality
onto an alternative interface. But my point is that functionality is
viewed as "new" or "old" depending on the reference point of the
observer, not as an intrinsic property of the software itself.

-steve