[Zope3-dev] Bringing the name game to a close, for now

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:59:47 +0100

From: "Steve Spicklemire" <steve@spvi.com>
> On Monday, December 10, 2001, at 03:05 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
> > In Zope 3, the things currently called adapters will usually be used
> > to provide new functionality. They will not only be used to translate
> > interfaces.

> Hmm.. I guess it depends on how you look at it. Functionality is only
> "new" for a little while.

Scratch "new" then. Adapters will provide additional functionality.

Jim does what he likes, obviously, but I think that the rename of features
to adapters are adding to the confusion in the naming. Adapters is something
you plug in between two things that does not otherwise fit, like a 110 to
220 v adapter. After the rename, we now call the electrical outlet
"service", we call the radio "adapter" and we call the adapter "utility".
:-)