[Zope3-dev] DISCUSS: getting rid of the obscure "Title" convention

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:02:00 +0100

Tim Peters wrote:
> I asked this question as Jim was implementing the method <wink>.  I was told
> the specific name "title" follows the recommendations of the Dublin Core
> Metadata Initiative; see
>
>     http://dublincore.org/documents/1999/07/02/dces/
>
> and particularly the description of the Title element.

Okay, looking at the dublin core website it seems the Dublin Core is broader
than just meta-data about documents, it talking about 'resources'. It
still seems rather content object oriented towards me, so the question
remains how suttable this would be for things like adapters or services,
but I'll rest my case. :)

Regards,

Martijn