[Zope3-dev] DISCUSS: getting rid of the obscure "Title" convention

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:19:35 -0500

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Paul Everitt wrote:

> > Is "content" something with a specific interface (or set of interfaces),
> > or meets some other criteria?
>
> That is a good question. Content is often in the eye of the beholder..

Exactly.  The definition depends to a significant degree on the point of
view of the person doing content management. At some level, anything
with persistent state can be content.  For the newspaper editor, news articles
are content. Templates are tools used to present content. A page designer may
view the template as content.  For a software developer, components are
content. I think of templates and software as "meta content". :)

I think that the facilities that support content should, where reasonable
support the meta-content.  For example, it should be possible to provide
a presentation for editing presentation components with presentation components. :)