[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Medusa 0.5.1 maint release, planned for inclusion in Zope?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
01 Apr 2002 10:28:17 -0500

On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 13:30, Stephan Richter wrote:

> >I also had some thoughts about using libneon in Zope3 however
> >I have not had a closer look at neon at this check (hopefully
> >checking libneon over Easter).
>
> Why can;t people just call things like that webdavlib. I wish everything
> would be as easy to use as xmlrpclib. There really should be a soaplib and
> webdavlib. Oh well!

Neon is the C library for WebDAV; it underlies cadaver and sitecopy,
and is far superior to the alternatives.

  http://www.webdav.org/neon/

A Python wrapper for the library should be doable (I've spent some time
in the sources).  Note that it is focused on client-side issues;  the
homepage says, "neon is an HTTP and WebDAV client library, with a C
interface."

Tres.