[Zope3-dev] Zope3 protocol development

Eron Lloyd lloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
01 Apr 2002 11:49:02 -0500

Count me in on developing and *documenting* a protocol infrastructure
for Zope3. I'm still quite immature working with these areas of Python,
but it is one of my biggest areas not only personal interest but will
play a large role in a project I'm planning, where I want to integrate
mail, news, calendaring, messaging, etc. into a Zope-based community
information system. Providing a complete solution INSIDE Zope3's core
versus trying to hack together the necessary glue code on my own makes a
world of sense. I'll start looking at the code this week, and maybe
pulling together external resources (possible libraries, similiar
projects, etc.) and internal resources (Wiki material, Interface
documentation, mailing-list gems, etc.) so that it will mature into a
viable solution that can (hopefully) fit everybody's needs. This should
be a great learning experience as well.

Regards,

Eron