cvs help was Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: preCreation view, postCreation view use cases

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:10:44 -0600

At 11:53 AM 4/1/2002 -0500, Gary Poster wrote:
>I have implemented a reasonable solution to the pre-creation view (and maybe
>post-creation too), I think.  I would like folks to look at it and comment,
>matbe after I play with it a bit more today.  I am a novice to CVS and am
>not sure how to proceed, but I assume the best way to proceed would be to
>start a branch, and then let interested parties check it out.

VERY COOL! Please add also an issue in the collector. It will help us keep
track of all the projects going on and who works on it.

>Could someone look at what I am about to do and make sure this is not going
>to mess the main brach up?

I fid the CVS FAQ idiot proof (since I am new to complex CVS tasks as
well): http://dev.zope.org/CVS/ZopeCVSFAQ

THe secure way would be to do everything before adding and deleting
anything (from the FAQ):

cvs tag -b my_project-branch
cvs update -r my_project-branch

Regards,