cvs help was Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: preCreation view, postCreation view use cases

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 11:53:44 -0500

I have implemented a reasonable solution to the pre-creation view (and maybe
post-creation too), I think.  I would like folks to look at it and comment,
matbe after I play with it a bit more today.  I am a novice to CVS and am
not sure how to proceed, but I assume the best way to proceed would be to
start a branch, and then let interested parties check it out.

Could someone look at what I am about to do and make sure this is not going
to mess the main brach up?

So, reading the cederqvist, this is what I think I do:

in the cvs checkout I have modified, simply type something like

1) cvs add (whatever files I have added; repeat until I am done)

2) cvs tag -b gary-Zope3x-pre-creation

Then I have a branch with my changes and my new files.  Is this right?

Or was I supposed to have announced a branch before I actually made the
changes?

Then my copy is still registered with my current checkout, so if I want to
make further changes to my branch, I need to actually check out the branch
before I commit, or change my working copy over to the branch.

change over example
cvs up -r gary-Zope3x-pre-creation Zope3

Thanks to whoever is willing to doublecheck me.

Gary