[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC II: pre-creation view solution [was Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: preCreation view, postCreation view use cases]

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:56:05 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Gary Poster wrote:
> > >  * It would be nice if one could automatically create marker interfaces
> from
> > >the associated (created) class __implements__ so that creation views for
> > >superclasses could be automatically available.  I don't see an easy clean
> way
> > >of doing this, though.
> >
> > A wizard can do that later.
>
> Maybe.  A bit tricky to do effectively.  It might need some work inside the
> Interface package to make it happen, or a subclass of Interface for all
> objects in Zope, which would be problematic... Punt. ;-)

I'm not sure if this addresses your concern at all, but Jim is
considering the possability of allowing simple strings to be used
as marker interfaces.

--RDM