[Zope3-dev] ZopeTop (the new Zope3 replacement for ZMI)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 00:56:23 -0500

    LM> I'm pretty sure frames are bad.

Yes.  One reason is that they break bookmarking.

    LM> Srichter suggests we could make them an option. (Defaulting to
    LM> off?)

    LM> You could also have a script (ecmascript, javascript) based
    LM> folder tree - that would be even better, if you could
    LM> right-click on an item and select specific views.

I'm okay with *script being an optional (perhaps even optimal)
mechanism for navigation, but it must not be the only way.  IMO, a
Zope site must degrade gracefully and be usable with a pedestrian
interface.  Tables and full-page reload would be acceptable, even if
there's a moderate performance hit.

All, MHO of course,
-Barry