[Zope3-dev] ZopeTop (the new Zope3 replacement for ZMI)

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:16:45 -0500

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> Gary Poster writes:
>  > If I were required to build this interface and those three
>  > requirements given to me, I would *strongly* urge that the folder
>  > tree be built as a Flash 5 widget.  You don't have to deal with the
>  > conflicting JS DOMs (even today a pain for unusual stuff), you get
>  > *more* potential audience (I don't know if Opera or Konqueror can
>  > load XML behind the scenes natively without a pageload, but I know
>  > that NS4 can't; I believe all three can use Flash 5),
>
> I'm not convinced that Flash is stable on Linux, but very few sites I
> visit ever use the stuff.  That's pretty evil stuff.

Flash 4 is pretty stable on Linux.  Flash 5, even though it has been out
for a long time, is *not* stable.  That rules out Flash IMHO.

SVG is expected to replace Flash, but it may take a while.

Shane