[Zope3-dev] ZMI Breadcrumb/Treeview

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:30:06 -0500

[Guido Van Rossum] "Instead of a folder tree, I'd be happy with
breadcrumbs and a listing of the current folder."

Its very true, the folder tree can be tiresome if you're working with a
few separated folders repeatedly. I run into it all the time with a
pattern of bouncing between

/Tests/ProdAFolder, /Tests/ProdBFolder,
/Control_Panel/Products/ProdA/Refresh    :)

A single line breadcrumb that updated a recent/top10 link list on its
opposite side would be preferable to using a tree both on text-based
browsers, as well as a more star-trek method of maintaining our Zopes: A
PDA on a wireless network.

PDAs are narrow and nonframed. If I have an Audiovox Thera
http://infosync.no/show.php?id=1569, and am using something like the
Verizon Express Network
http://verizonwireless.com/express_network/availability_northeast.html
(Zope Country!), I'd rather have the breadcrumb/favorite pairing and
save the tree view for times when I'm using the desktop. And at a
buck/meg (or using up your minutes), I'll be hoping for the lightweight
HTML with cached CSS stylesheets, big time.