[Zope3-dev] ZopeTop browser support.

Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:04:26 +1000

> For me, the bottom line is: why lock *anyone* out of the ZMI?  Why *not*
> support NS4 (for that is basically what we are discussing)?  Every
> person turned away from using Zope is another argument lost somewhere
> with some pointy-haired-boss, and I don't like that.

Why are we talking about "the" ZMI. The ZMI BOF at python10 was pretty
clearly unanimously in favour of allowing multiple ZMIs, and making sure
that it was relatively painless to either write a new ZMI, or override
some of it's behaviour for local purposes. This is _very_ hard to do in
the Zope2 ZMI. If someone wants an all singing, all dancing one, and
someone else wants a dumb 'works on W3C linemode browser', then support
these.

OTOH, if people are saying "I demand you support my browser", and they're
not prepared to either help with the coding, or help with the usability
study, well, then.. see mwh's recent python-dev post. :)

Anthony