[Zope3-dev] RDB support

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:32:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Stephan Richter wrote:
> Are SQL Methods Content Objects or not?
> Should there be a RDBService having specific implementation utilities as
> plugins?
> Where do all the objects live? In the Service Manager?
>
> Let's **constructively** discuss that. I would to agree quickly on an approach!

I know it's not as sexy as getting some code up and working, but I
think this is an important enough component that we should take
some time to get the desired Interfaces nailed down first.  I think
that that will actually simplify the development considerably.

I think the question about 'are they content" and "where do they live"
is a Z2 leftover.  Presumably the database connection itself is
obtained from a Service, but I can't think of any reason the zsql method
objects should be stored in the ZODB until we address the general
issue of storing filesystem code in the zodb.  SQL is code.

--RDM