[Zope3-dev] Zope Package (Directory) Structure Reorganization

Gary Poster garyposter@earthlink.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:28:14 -0400

My further two cents (my comments are preceded by "** -->") (David, I also
throw in my take on Zope vs. Zope/App in the ObjectHub comment, FWIW):

ZOPEROOT/lib/python:
     Zope
         App
             Formulator
           ** -->(you mean Content and Introspector to be in App, not
                   Formulator, right?)
                 Content --> Moved down to App
                 Introspector

             Memento

             OFS
           ** -->(if OFS *only* holds Container, why bother with it?
                   Either stick Folder in here or move Container up and
                   eliminate OFS altogether)
                 Container

         Event --> Should that not move to App/?
   ** -->I think it should move to App/Services
         ObjectHub --> Should that not move to App/?
   ** -->Maybe; I think Zope should hold pieces needed to build the
Application,
           and App should hold actual parts of the App.  (RDM, what do you
think?)
           By this logic, ObjectHub actually falls in Zope, not App: an
ObjectHub is
           a tool out of which you can make services, utilities, etc.  I
wouldn't be
           too terribly upset to see it in Zope/App though--it is a hard
call.

> Also, Shane would like to merge the Zope-3x-branch into the Trunk. This
> would primarily increase the speed of the CVS!

great

Gary